- Woman legally changes her ‘weird name’, mum loses the plot
- NSW renters facing homelessness as legislation comes up short
- #DanLiedPeopleDied: How a spurious hashtag revealed our ‘information disorder’ problem
- While tech giants circle TikTok, a local ban seems unlikely
- Whataboutism: The other epidemic gripping the nation
Welcome back the TBS fortnightly Top Five, care of Corey Farrell. This week’s is the Top Five music genres bound to fail…yeah there are plenty more but these are a given…
Music genres bound to fail – No 1. North Korean Pop
One of the few styles Kim Jung Un is proud to bang on his sound system. Unfortunately this fusion of workers party ideals and catchy synth stabs won’t get much love south of the border.
Music genres bound to fail – No 2. Christian Black Metal
Normally associated with church arson, the Christian take on Black Metal couldn’t be more different. While maintaining lightning fast tempo and shrieked vocals the message revolves heavily around church building and a pro-Jesus agenda.
Music genres bound to fail – No 3. Dubstair
Like Dubstep but more steppy.
Music genres bound to fail – No 4. Minimal Intellectual Jazz
Imagine a smoky dark cocktail bar with the sound of an off key oboe piercing your ears every 13 to 14 minutes with nothing but silence in between.
Music genres bound to fail – No 5. Progressive Cop Hop
F”$k the Police? Not here. Of all the music genres, this blend of “urban street” and “serve and protect” culture will leave you questioning NWA and have you joining your neighbourhood watch.