- Media responsible for comments on their articles, judge rules
- Local ‘I can’t breathe’ rally to acknowledge indigenous deaths in custody
- Science sez listening to hip-hop enables greater creative flow, yo
- Facebook Shops initiative gets ‘liked’
- Don’t blame ‘bunker boy’, this has been America for the last 400 years
Any doubt where Chris Rock stood on the #OscarsSoWhite issue has been torched by his brilliantly sharp opening monologue. Cue the awkwardness.
Oh, Chris Rock. You legend. For the man who has made a career in calling it as he sees it, this was his zenith. A towering, brilliant effort that cut directly the point of cultural misrepresentation at the Academy Awards. While he said it through comedy, which wrung laughter from the crowd, underneath that mirth was vast, chair-shifting awkwardness, underpinned by the frozen close-ups of notable A-Listers.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) February 29, 2016
Watch the entire opening monologue below: