- Dallas, and places just like it: The bitter treadmill we choose not to escape
- When Trump attacks the press, he’s attacking the American Constitution
- Think Melania Trump is a victim? Think again
- NSW Police: Officer who kicked teenager to the ground “had a bad day”
- In a post-lockdown world, the buffet will kill you
Rapping. A great and mysterious artform. But how did the greats light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle?
As far as we’re concerned, the rap reached its gaudy pinnacle when Deborah Harry slung mad verse in Rapture. Mad bars, yo.
However, the world disagrees. And rightfully so. How did the great lyricists of yore assemble da bomb? How did they put the opiates in dope?
Well, those wizened fools at Vox have tracked the shifting rhyme format, and the development of the genre as an art form.
Spoiler alert: Brace yourself for a lack of Vanilla Ice.