- We love these sports movies…but we really shouldn’t
- The religious discrimination bill doesn’t protect the religious, it rewards them
- Someone once told me that a boring life was a happy life (and they were right)
- Government slashes growth and surplus in budget update
- Science makes baldness optional (if you can afford it)
A quick and easy recipe for delicious scones, made from only three ingredients and guaranteed to make your day, courtesy of The Home Grown Country Life.
For years I’ve battled with the art of scone making. I’ve tried all kinds of recipes and they have all ended up like rock cakes, until now. This one is a winner, and it only requires three ingredients.
3 cups of self raising flower
1 cup of cream
1 cup of lemonade
Additional cream and jam for serving.
Preheat oven to 210°C and have a tray lined with baking paper ready.
Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
Pour both the cream and lemonade in – mixing together with a butter knife until just combined. Do not overwork, it should all look a bit shaggy.
Tip out onto lightly floured workbench shape and press it out until it is about 3cm thick – it’s quite a moist (yep, used the M word) dough.
Don’t be tempted to knead. Cut circles out using a round cookie cutter and place them on the tray so they are a few centimetres apart.
Bake until golden (around 10-15 min).
Serve with fresh whipped cream and jam. Great for sharing with friends over a cup of tea. I’m out.