- Victoria’s historic coronavirus day could soon be surpassed
- The internet’s black pill is an evil we all have to swallow
- Is JK Rowling right about cancel culture, or is she just shielding herself from criticism?
- The science behind our selfishness in a pandemic
- Worldwide genome research could change the course of medical history
The PolitiScope podcast dissects the next great social question of our time: should we implement a universal income moving forward, or will that push us back?
As part of The Big Smoke’s series with PolitiScope Podcasts, #AusPol member @VicRollinson hosted her second live podcast where she spoke with @TroyHenderson, PhD in Political Economy from the University of Sydney on the finer points of, and the logical steps surrounding, a universal basic income in this country.
From a historical perspective (Nixon was a fan), to the modern day application of a UBI in this country, PolitiScope Podcasts strip back the issue to climb over the obstacles propped up. Will it cost too much? Will it enable unemployment? And is it a tangible economic response to job automation?