- The age of information pushes us to ignorance, but it doesn’t have to
- PM orders probe to see if Bridget McKenzie breached the ministerial code
- An impeached Donald Trump? We should be careful what we wish for
- “Summer of glove” campaign calls for the end of Berejiklian-era strip-searches
- The great Australian dream of owning a backyard is dead, but it can be resurrected
This morning, a new Poke movie ‘Pokemon Detective Pikachu’ hit our senses, but it wasn’t very effective. Fortunately, the dorks of the internet have already made with the mirthful criticism.
For whatever reason, Hollywood has decided to play god, pairing their most basic troll, Ryan Reynolds, with life-like versions of Pokemon for…reasons.
This Detective Pikachu movie trailer >>>pic.twitter.com/gX62jJHB4q
— B/R Gaming (@BRGaming) November 12, 2018
It’s a great idea, frankly, as life-like versions of treasured Nintendo icons has never gone awry. Ever. I’m just going to leave this here completely without further explanation. Cough, cough, copy, paste.
Nevertheless, it’s happening, and the only thing left to do is to pick fault in the logic. Fortunately, for every awful Hollywood idea, a gritty reboot is made in an effort to save it. With that in mind, the bent dork minds of The Ringer have decided to construct a trailer crossing over the universes of HBO’s True Detective and the land where children are forced to trap animals and fight each other to the death for reasons.
Crippling perpetual angst and/or nihilism…I choose you!
Presenting, ‘True Detective Pikachu’ (2018). pic.twitter.com/svQcwfp9zQ
— The Ringer (@ringer) November 13, 2018