- 5G misinformation is spreading within our government – how did this happen?
- The dark side of Australia’s cashless society
- I have a foolproof way to identify fake news, I call it the “Dave Test”
- Out of pocket medical costs mean many Australians are opting to stay ill: Experts
- The NSW police selling drugs is indicative of ‘unwinnable’ war
Two legendary Australian icons, Paul Kelly and Harry’s Cafe de Wheels have teamed up to help make a difference this Christmas.
Paul Kelly and Harry’s Café de Wheels join forces on the Gravy pie with each sale making a donation to OzHarvest to help feed people in need.
When we think of Aussie icons in music, Paul Kelly comes to mind, and iconic Aussie food? Well, nothing beats Harry’s Café de Wheels.
In support of OzHarvest, both icons are coming together to create a limited edition Gravy Pie just in time for Paul Kelly’s The Making Gravy tour, and Christmas.
Daniel Beuthner from Harry’s Café de Wheels described the partnership as a collaboration made in gravy heaven!
The Gravy pie is inspired by Paul Kelly’s legendary Christmas classic ‘How To Make Gravy’.
The pie consists of lean chunks of beef, caramelised onion and black pepper gravy – topped with peppercorns! As well as being delicious, each purchase of a Gravy pie will result in two homeless people being served meals by OzHarvest.
Ronni Kahn AO, OzHarvest CEO and Founder said the relationship with Harry’s Café de Wheels is long-standing. “I’m thrilled that two great Aussie icons are supporting OzHarvest with a limited edition pie! Harry’s Café de Wheels was one of the first places we rescued food from when OzHarvest was starting 15 years ago, they are a much-cherished member of the OzHarvest family.”
The pie will be available from 14th December – 27th December 2019 across all Harry’s Café de Wheels stores. Harry’s Café de Wheels caravan café will also be selling this limited edition Gravy Pie at Paul Kelly’s concert Saturday, 14th December 2019 at The Domain in Sydney.
Naturally, the flagship store at Woolloomooloo will also be selling the pie, with $1 from every pie sold going to OzHarvest to help deliver two meals to people in need.
Paul Kelly – Making Gravy 2019 Tour Dates
- Saturday 7 December – Stadium Park at Optus Stadium, Perth WA
- Saturday 14 December – The Domain, Sydney NSW
- Saturday 21 December – Riverstage, Brisbane QLD