- How to regain the IQ that our multi-task lives have taken from us
- COVID spreads Dunning-Kruger to every state in America
- To punish the ‘criminals’ in immigration detention, Dutton has reopened Christmas Island
- Two literary sons an equal to their famous fathers
- NSW cracks down on protests, minors and crimes yet to happen
According to a brand new study, certain types of diets only work if you bore everyone to death about them.
A new study looking at ketogenic and vegan diets has revealed they only yield positive results if the user tells everyone about it.
“We followed four different groups for over two years: two groups who used the diets and told everyone and two groups who followed the diets and didn’t tell anyone,” explained lead researcher Dr Garth Davies. “We found that the two groups who told everyone about their diets did significantly better than the control groups.”
The study is not without its limitations however: the researchers had difficulty finding enough people for the control groups (people who followed the diets and didn’t tell anyone about it).
“Yes, it was very hard to find those people, for a while we weren’t even sure they existed,” explained Dr Davies. “While this does limit the power of the study somewhat, we are still confident to recommend that if you want to get the most of the Keto or Vegan diets and lifestyles, you should tell as many people as possible you are doing it.”
The researchers are hoping to do a similar study with cross-fit.