- The US election will be fought over facts…both versions of them
- Cyberattack on German hospital kills patient, experts suggest extortion racket
- Will the pandemic force us to recognise how privileged we are?
- The forced sterilisation of women in detention is nothing new
- Can Trump push through RBG’s Supreme Court successor before the election?
In an effort to contain the coronavirus, the US has enlisted an army of keyboard warriors named Karen.
The United States’ Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is pulling out all the stops to help fight the Coronavirus pandemic, including opening a brand new department consisting of nothing but people named Karen.
“If we have learned one thing from this outbreak it’s that internet commenters, especially those named Karen, know how to defeat this pandemic much better than we do.”
On almost all stories, articles, tweets and posts about the coronavirus pandemic, there are numerous people posting comments who clearly know better than doctors and scientists on how to beat a pandemic.
“The CDC cannot be trusted” tweeted Karen O’Neill.
“Warm weather will naturally kills this virus. We just need to wait for the summer” according to Karen Newbury on Facebook.
“Essential oils and an adjustment from your chiropractor can cure almost anything, including coronavirus” claims chiropractor Karen Nelson.
According to sources at the CDC, the new department will open immediately – provided they can find enough unqualified yet overconfident people named Karen.